Proactive Technical Recruitment is currently looking to recruit a Controls Engineer for an Organisation based in Bristol for an initial period of 4 months.
Please see the key responsibilities and technical requirements listed below for this role:
- Liaison with mechanical design to understand the design concept.
- Liaison with project engineering to appreciate the customer requirements.
- Interpret company standard design documents (controls philosophy, timing diagram, project specifications) to allow software design.
- Basic understanding of mechanical/pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to design bespoke software for machine and system control.
- Fault finding within integrated systems during build and test.
- Solo or team based commissioning
- Preparation and execution of sign-off documentation.
- Liaising with project engineers and customers.
- Other tasks as required which may fall outside the core responsibilities of the role
- Educated to HNC or equivalent level in Electrical Engineering
- Extensive experience of Siemens S7 (essential), Group Schneider, Rockwell and other PLC systems.
- Experience of programming and interfacing to auxiliary equipment including : HMI's, Robots, Leak Test Panels, Nutrunning Systems ( Atlas Copco ), Camera Systems ( Eg Cognex) , Printers, Laser Markers, RFID systems, etc.
- Good understanding of mechanisms
- Knowledge of CAD packages ( Eplan, AutoCAD )
- Experience of working safely in potentially hazardous environment
Apply now for immediate consideration
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.