An opportunity to join an international Aerospace and Defence company as a Repair Design Engineer for an initial 12 month contract, which is likely to be extended. As a Repair Design Engineer in this company, you will be based in the Filton office. This is an exciting and challenging role that requires an understanding of the aircraft repair/engineering process, particularly AP2433, M20037 and M21031.
* High quality, integrated repair/engineering solutions are provided for airline operators/ MRO's on time, cost and quality requirements and enable aircraft return to service with minimum grounding time
* Create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data
* All tasks and activities required for allocated tasks are correctly planned, resourced, monitored and executed to achieve required quality standards & meet customer time-scales
* Create and maintain open lines of communication to ensure that all actors within the repair/engineering activity are kept informed of any issues that may impact the delivery of the solution
* Provide support to the Repair team in operating effectively with the appropriate use of project management control and measures to achieve these objectives
* All customers are effectively informed of and are satisfied with Repairs engineering performance
* Interrogation of design/maintenance documentation, a minimum requirement with the ability to interrogate engineering drawings
* Ability to liaise/negotiate with Design/Production, NatCos, Customer Services, DOA, Risk sharing partners and Suppliers
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and across all departments, set objectives and prioritise time, cost and quality
* Good understanding of project management and resource planning
* PC skills and a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Be conversant with the technical requirements for designing repairs
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* The ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables and prioritise
* £25.33 PAYE / £33.00 LTD (Per hour)
* On-site parking
* 3 day working week (12 hour shifts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
If you are interested in working for this amazing company, please apply online or contact Liam Hancock at Acorn, Newport.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceRepair Design Engineer, Engineer, Repairs
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.