Static Engineer and Static Approver (2 separate roles. 1 opportunity per title)
Overview of roles
Perform static stress investigations and analysis using SA available data to support A321XLR programme deliverables.
Contribute to static inputs for A321XLR programme maturity gates and reviews, e.g. PDR, CDR, etc.
Accountabilities of the roles
You will perform static structural analysis activities within the A321 XLR Wing project engineering team.
Activities to include and not limited to:
* Creating Preliminary stress sheets in support of Design Reviews, Justification stress dossiers in support of Certification, creating detailed FEMS.
* Pre sizing new or modified structure - advising Designers of stress needs
* Contribute and compile static stress review activities for functional deliverables.
You have proven track record of:
* Producing static stress calculations with minimal leadership or supervision and presenting those calculations in a concise and clear manner
* Operating within a multi-functional (Engineering, ME, procurement, Aero, Programme) and actively contributing to team goals
* Generating engineering solutions which are optimised to assure enhanced business / customer value (trade between performance, weight, cost, manufacture), whilst maintaining focus on deliverable quality and programme schedule
* Finding creative solutions to complex problems and low RF resolution
* You will have experience in airframe engineering and preferably on Wing structures
* Communicate technical subjects effectively and accurately to both specialists and non-specialists
* Adherence to Airworthiness regulations, relevant design principles, processes, methods and manufacturing capabilities guidelines
Additionally the following experience would be beneficial:
* Experience using the ISAMI suite of Stress Analysis Tools
* Experience of FEA Linear analysis and be aware of opportunities available with using Non Linear FEA
Experience / Skillset / Qualifications
* Experience in an Engineering structural analysis role
* You may have held Stress approval in metallic and composite structures within an Aerospace company
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceStress Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Signatory
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.