This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking a Graduate Programme Coordinator to join the team in Peterborough on a contracting basis.
A project management professional committed to delivering programs on-time and within budget by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally recognised program and project management methods, techniques, and tools. The candidate will support the current Global Programme Management UK team, provide general facilitation support, and will be given the opportunity to have direct project management accountability for a limited portfolio of smaller projects.
The role requires the candidate to have good understanding of program and project management tools & processes. It is an entry level role for a Project Management professional, with the candidate expected to have extensive Project Management Office experience with limited exposure as a Project Manager.
- Support Project / Programme managers in planning, project control, resource loading, finance, and risk management.
- May provide facilitation for smaller project teams and provide support to control meetings. May lead chartering/planning sessions for smaller projects. May assist Project Managers with larger, more complex, chartering and/or planning sessions.
- Capture and analyse project information including schedule updates (e.g. critical path, resource histograms, costs). Work with project team members to resolve logic errors, help explain changes due to updates, and update plan(s) according to actions taken by the project team to resolve schedule problems.
- Create report packages for communicating project status to key stakeholders
- Provide sole project management support for a limited number of smaller projects
- Create detailed work plans within MSP, duration-based activities, resource forecasts and scope
- Provide other types of project management support as required
- This position requires a three-year university degree or equivalent experience within the project management field
- Two to four years of job-related experience in project / program management
- Must have strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills, strong meeting facilitation skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools
- Will have solid project management office experience, delivering planning, resource, and financial support to experienced Project Managers.
- Experience of project management software (MS Project)
- Prince 2/PMP or equivalent qualification
Offering up to £21 per hour as Ltd Co / Umbrella Co contractor based over 37.5 hours per week.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.