We are currently recruiting for Skilled CNC Machinists to work on site at our client's premises in Yeovil.
About the role
The role will involve CNC setting and programming of aerospace equipment, in accordance with manufacturing instructions, specifications and customer / regulator requirements You will work within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Leader.
Responsibilities and requirements
- Milling and / or turning and/or grinding manual and CNC
- CNC machining (this will entail the programming, setting and running of 2 / 3 Axis Lathes Fanuc)
- OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
- To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
- Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
Qualifications & experience
- Knowledge of machining, specifically CNC
- Knowledge of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier, Micrometer, surface finish checking, air gauges / air box setting and electronic comparators
- High standard of Health & Safety
- Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
- Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
- Working with Designers and Engineers
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceCNC , turner, miller, grinder
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.