Our client is a leading provider of integrated Avionics, Engines, Systems and Service solutions for Aircraft Manufacturers, Airlines, Business and general Aviation, Military, Space and Airport Operations.
The Aerospace Yeovil Site includes Integrated Supply Chain Operations and Engineering and Technology, as well as other support functions. It specialises in several product lines including: Environmental Control Systems, Life Support Systems, Hydraulics Systems and Control & Data Systems.
We are currently recruiting for Indentured / Skilled Workers to work on site at their offices in Yeovil. The role will involve CNC Milling of Aerospace Equipment, in accordance with Manufacturing Instructions, Specifications and Customer / Regulator requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Lead.
The position of CNC Miller Operative holds the following responsibilities:-
* CNC programming, machining (this will entail the programming, setting and running of 3 axis milling centres)
* OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
* To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
* Interpreting Engineering Drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
* Knowledge of machining, specifically CNC Milling
* Knowledge of hand measuring equipment, such as Vernier, Micrometer, Thread and Plug Gauges
* High standard of Health and Safety
* Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
Attributes / Skills Required:
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken
* PC literate
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
* Continuous Improvement
* Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills (incl. Company Operating Systems), Manual Handling, 5S, HOS Principles and general Health & Safety
Hours of Work:
Permanent night shifts, Sunday - 22:00 to 07:00, Monday to Thursday - Midnight to 07:00
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceCNC miller
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.